Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Gitanjali analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Gitanjali SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Gitanjali to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Gitanjali is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Gitanjali SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Gitanjali competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Gitanjali product portfolio.
SWOT Analysis of Gitanjali
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Gitanjali:
1. One of the pioneers in jeweler industry in India, which is not family owned but which is run by modern entrepreneurs 2. Marketing through celebrity endorsements helps to grab maximum eye balls 3. There are different brands which cater to each price brackets like DDamas, Diya and etc 4. The shop –in –shop modern retail format reached 520 stores in total
5.Gitanjali has a substantial share in India’s total merchandise exports
6.Use of CAD and CAM to create latest designs
Here are the weaknesses in the Gitanjali SWOT Analysis:
1. Stiff competition from organised as well as unorganised retail means limited market share
2. Despite being a huge brand in India, it has limited global penetration
Following are the Opportunities in Gitanjali SWOT Analysis:
1. Global acquisition is there in large to enhance visibility and acquire knowledge 2. Conversion of diamond into Jeweler before exports. 3.To expand its business in Europe the company has incorporated a wholly owned subsidiary (WOS) in the name of “Gitanjali Resources” in Belgium with a view to explore in that continent
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Gitanjali are as mentioned:
1. Weak economic recovery in the US 2.Debt burden in USA 3.Constant change in consumer preferences
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Gitanjali. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute