Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Jaeger-LeCoultre analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Jaeger-LeCoultre SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Jaeger-LeCoultre to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Jaeger-LeCoultre is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Jaeger-LeCoultre SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Jaeger-LeCoultre SWOT Analysis:
For Jaeger-LeCoultre, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Jaeger-LeCoultre looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Jaeger-LeCoultre :
1. The brand is known for its rich heritage in watchmaking with nearly 400 patents registered
2. Its reverso range of watches that were introduced have been very popular and are customisable
3. The watch has a strong hold in America and Europe
4. Since the past few years the brand has seen a good demand in China
5. The brand has a presence of over 34boutiques and sponsored close to over 700 events for its marketing promotions
6. Their ‘Real watch’ marketing campaign has been a big success
7. In line with its image of preserving its rich heritage, the brand has been associated in preserving endangered world heritage marine sites with UNESCO
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Jaeger-LeCoultre SWOT Analysis:
1. The competitors of the brand have a higher top-of-the-mind recall
2. Limited presence in some growing and developing countries
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Jaeger-LeCoultre SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion in progress in Asia and middle east can provide opportunity to grow in the non-western markets
2. The brand canaggressively increase its distributors and boutiques
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Jaeger-LeCoultre are as mentioned:
1. Low switching cost in luxury segment requires higher spends in marketing
2. High recall competitors pose a threat to the brand
3. Fake and duplicate watches can hurt sales and image
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Jaeger-LeCoultre:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Jaeger-LeCoultre. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute