Fubu SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Fubu, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Fubu is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the Fubu SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Fubu, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Fubu looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Fubu :
1. The brand is high on street fashion and is very accessible making it a very desirable brand.
2. The brand has diversified into various other product lines like shoes and accessories which have extended its offering.
3. The brand is famous with many sports like basketball and street games and board games.
4. The brand has successfully forayed in music with the release of FUBU collection which has songs from eminent music rappers.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Fubu SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand has limited itself to the Afro-American community only in US
2. The brand doesn’t have a great number of deep pockets of market in USA.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Fubu SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand can go well into new product development to extend its offerings.
2. The brand can reach out reach out to emerging markets like Africa as the brand offering is crafted for a similar community.
3. The brand can start a wide distribution network in overseas markets
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Fubu are as mentioned:
1. The brand threat of saturation as the product has certain amount of uniformity.
2. The brand faces the problem of new entrants in the same segment who are also making products for the street culture.
Hence this concludes the Fubu SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Apparel and Accessories
Brand with the urban hip-hop culture.
Trendy and fashionable lifestyle apparel and accessories
Urban middle class men women and kids
The true American brand with the hip-hop culture.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Fubu. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us