Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lands End analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lands End SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lands End to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lands End is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Lands End SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Lands End competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lands End:
1. The brand believes in high quality of products and fair pricing which makes it accessible to most of the families. 2. The brand has more than 10 exclusive locations in America and also operates through MBO’s giving it access to a larger base of customers. 3. The brand takes pride in able to ship its products to more than 170 countries a rare feat for any brand. 4. The brand has an elaborate e-catalogue and an online shop with facilities like 24/7 toll free numbers for seamless assistance.
5. The brand’s elaborate product line from sleep-wear to uniforms and different forms of casual wear for men and women makes it a complete lifestyle brand for the family.
Lands End Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Lands End SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand has not advertised as frequently as its competitors who too are in the same segment in the American markets. 2. There is high dependence on online sales for the overall revenues for the brand. 3. The brand has not leveraged on its vast distribution network to create a sustainable retail model
Lands End Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Lands End SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand can foray into many Asian markets which have shown a growing demand for a complete family wear brand. 2. The brand can also take up green initiatives to keep pace with the growing concerns about the environment. 3. The brand can very well outsource its production units to maintain economies of scale in the long run.
Lands End Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lands End are as mentioned:
1. The brand faces high volatility of consumer behavior in this segment as there is no specific brand loyalty. 2. The brand can face a drop in sales due to the recent slowdown in global markets which have also affected the American markets which are their main source of revenue
Lands End Competition
Lands End Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Lands End:
1. Abercrombie and Fitch Co.
2. American Eagle outfitters. 3. ANN INC
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lands End. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute