Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Autozone analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Autozone SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Autozone to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Autozone is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Autozone SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Autozone SWOT Analysis:
For Autozone, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Autozone looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Autozone :
1. Strong financial performance 2. Diversified range of automobile product portfolio 3. String retail and distribution network with 4800 stores 4. Strong brand portfolio
5. Has a string employee base of 65,000+
6. Good advertising and brand visibility
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Autozone SWOT Analysis:
1. A survey of employee satisfaction conducted by resulted in AutoZone being a bad workplace in America. 2. Business dependent only on America
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Autozone SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong expansion in automotive and accessory market. 2. Increase in North American aftermarket. 3. Moderate growth in U.S engines market.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Autozone are as mentioned:
1. The company was sued by the US Equal Opportunity Employment Commission for firing an employee. 2. In 2009, AutoZone was accused of infringing a patent owned by Lisle Corporation in a lawsuit filed in the Southern District of Iowa.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Autozone:
People requiring after sales automotive part and accessories
Retailer and distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Autozone. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute