Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Staples analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Staples SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Staples to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Staples is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Staples SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Staples competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Influencer and people from purchase department of office
Low prices for office supplies, electronics and furniture
SWOT Analysis of Staples
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Staples:
1. Over 2,000 stores worldwide in 26 countries. 2. Sells office machines, promotional products, furniture, technology and business services both in stores and online. 3. Staples do business exclusively with enterprises in multiple European countries as Staples Advantage. 4. More than 1,00,000 employee worldwide.
5. Creative advertising and branding has enhanced its brand visibility
Here are the weaknesses in the Staples SWOT Analysis:
1. Still hasn’t made penetration into the emerging economies
2. Strong competition means market share is less compared to global leaders
Following are the Opportunities in Staples SWOT Analysis:
1. Global penetration into emerging economies 2. Incorporation of recycled content gives an edge over and above its competitor in a society. 3. Better customer relationship will help to achieve more market share.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Staples are as mentioned:
1. Expansion planning in offerings by Staples may dilute focus on core competency 2. Intense competition
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Staples. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute