Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of AutoNation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In AutoNation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like AutoNation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. AutoNation is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the AutoNation SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the AutoNation SWOT Analysis:
For AutoNation, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of AutoNation looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of AutoNation :
1. S&P 500 Component 2. AutoNation has 215 dealerships across the USA 3. High internet presence for its all inventory 4. Largest auto retailer in the United States
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the AutoNation SWOT Analysis:
1. Debt to equity ratio is very high over and above the accepted standard 2. Inventory handling is very large 3. Less presence across the globe 4. Number of inspection on used cars are very large
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in AutoNation SWOT Analysis:
1. Launched E-Vehicles Program, in partnership with Edmunds.com 2. Export opportunity to developing country
3. Participation in various auto expos and displaying auto design
4. Integrate forward- Manufacture customized automobiles and designs as a new business through JV with auto companies
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of AutoNation are as mentioned:
1. High fuel prices 2. Economic crisis in U.S and Europe affected the sale of cars
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of AutoNation:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to AutoNation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute