Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Petsmart analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Petsmart SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Petsmart to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Petsmart is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Petsmart SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Petsmart competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Pet owners looking for supplies and accessories for pets
Upper middle and middle class pet owners
Retail chain doing business in the United States
SWOT Analysis of Petsmart
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Petsmart:
1. Product portfolio is very diversed 2. It offers gamete of services such as grooming and dog training, PetSmart PetsHotel dog and cat boarding facilities and Doggie Day Care 3. Nearly 1,200 stores and about 165 locations 4. PetSmart Charities is also known for its Rescue Waggin' program
5. Bird, fish, and small animal products is present thus good portfolio
6. PetSmarts also contain Banfield Pet Hospital veterinary offices
Here are the weaknesses in the Petsmart SWOT Analysis:
1.Business is restricted only to US and no global presence 2.Prices are somewhat on higher side
Following are the Opportunities in Petsmart SWOT Analysis:
1. Enhancing its presence online by offering more services through ecommerce
2. Global expansion across countries
3. Tie-ups with vet hospitals
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Petsmart are as mentioned:
1. Allegations by PETA have had negative effect at times 2. Expansion of competitor activity
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Petsmart. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute