Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Aeon analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Aeon SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Aeon to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Aeon is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Aeon SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Aeon SWOT Analysis:
For Aeon, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Aeon looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Aeon :
1. One of the two largest Japanese retailer by sales 2. Ranked among the top ten worldwide in the retail food and drug store category 3. Handsome revenue and financial position with consistent performance
4. Good market presence specially in Japan and China
5. Present in nearly 400 locations
6. Has a strong workforce of over 80,000
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Aeon SWOT Analysis:
1. World wise presence is very less compared to global leaders 2. Inventory holding is large which is a concern
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Aeon SWOT Analysis:
1. Aeon sells chocolate bearing the Fair Trade label under its Top Value brand 2. It has sister companies in Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Malaysia 3. Ever increasing demand of products
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Aeon are as mentioned:
1. Increasing raw material prices 2. Domestic and international competition is high
3. Unfavorable govt policies can affect business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Aeon:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Aeon. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute