Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Whole Foods Market analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Whole Foods Market SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Whole Foods Market to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Whole Foods Market is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Whole Foods Market SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Whole Foods Market competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Differentiation from competitors by focus on high quality fresh produce, organic and healthy food products
Whole Foods Market STP
Grocery store, Healthy food store
Target Corporation Group
Health conscious individuals who value quality
Emphasis on high quality, fresh produce and organic, healthy food items
SWOT Analysis of Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Whole Foods Market:
1. Whole Foods remains the marquee brand in organics, especially after its acquisition of Wild Oats. Its competition basically amounts to the Joe's and traditional grocers that are devoting more of their shelves to organic items
2. Selling premium organic groceries in an upscale setting provides a little more wiggle room in mark-ups than traditional supermarkets
3. Good presence in US
4. Availability of diverse range of food products
Whole Foods Market Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Whole Foods Market SWOT Analysis:
1. Despite its competitive, value-based pricing for food products, the healthy food products still are perceived to be costlier than the products sold by competitors
2. Saturating the market also finds Whole Foods entering smaller markets with smaller stores.
Whole Foods Market Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Whole Foods Market SWOT Analysis:
1. International expansion
2. Private label growth
3. Value added services such as in-store health clinic, consultation services could be provided
Whole Foods Market Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Whole Foods Market are as mentioned:
1. Wal-Mart continues to push into groceries, with Target Corporation following suit. Their organic offerings are limited at the moment, but they have the ability to compete aggressively on price
2. Rising labour and fuel costs
3. Downfall in economy will discourage customer from purchasing high quality, premium health food products
Whole Foods Market Competition
Whole Foods Market Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of Whole Foods Market:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Whole Foods Market. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute