Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Booker Group analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Booker Group SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Booker Group to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Booker Group is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Booker Group SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Booker Group SWOT Analysis:
For Booker Group, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Booker Group Strengths
The strengths of Booker Group looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Booker Group :
1. Offers branded and private-label to over nearly 500,000 customers including independent convenience stores, grocers, leisure outlets, pubs and restaurants
2. Approximately 18,000 product lines – branded and private label grocery products, fresh and frozen food, beer, wine, spirits, tobacco and non-food items
3. Operates through more than 170 branches in UK providing free delivery services
4. Strong presence in the foodservice channel and low-cost retailers 5. Strong focus on providing cost-effective meal solutions and better customer service.
6. The group owns number of “own label brands” like Lichfields, Euro Shopper, etc. 7. Acquisition of Makro C&C from Metro which helped it to increase its reach
Booker Group Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Booker Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Brand dilution of own brands due to over-extension 2. Slow expansion strategies: presence in relatively few countries despite being about 180 years old
Booker Group Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Booker Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Unorganized Emerging markets can be targeted to increase the reach 2. E-Commerce and M-Commerce are the medium not explored much to increase the revenue 3. Growing health consciousness among consumers can led to higher sale of good quality product
4. Reducing the number of overlapping brands and repositioning the brands
Booker Group Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Booker Group are as mentioned:
1. Rising Commodity prices can force to increase selling price 2. Decline in number of small independent retailers 3. High competition from other international players like Walmart
Booker Group Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Booker Group:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Booker Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute