IGA SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of IGA, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
IGA is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the IGA SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For IGA, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of IGA looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of IGA :
1. Strong presence: 1400 plus stores across USA
2. Prominent brand name: presence in USA for decades
3. Successful promotions and offers like 200% guarantee, Say G’day Day, etc.
4. Self-owned trusted IGA Brands such IGA Apple juice, IGA olive oil, etc.
5. Continuous community focused events like IGA Hometown Healthy Challenge, IGA Days, etc.
6. The brand has also been able to reach 30 countries wordwide
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the IGA SWOT Analysis:
1. Debt concerns: High debt raised for acquisitions
2. Low Margins due to price wars leading to dip in profits
3. Low market share owing to high competition
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in IGA SWOT Analysis:
1. Company has a good chance of entering into online business segment
2. It can position itself as the leading provider of healthy and fresh food products
3. To increase its market share in the country by increasing in-house product portfolio and aggressive marketing strategy
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of IGA are as mentioned:
1. High concentration of power associated with two big supermarket chains
2. High dependence on macroscopic events like inflation, economy growth etc.
3. Less famous house brands as compared to other super market chains
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of IGA:
Hence this concludes the IGA SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Metcash Trading Limited
How the Locals Like it
Independent grocers of Australia
Independent Grocery Stores
Trusted supplier of a variety of grocery and food brands to local stores
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to IGA. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us