Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of IGA analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In IGA SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like IGA to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. IGA is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the IGA SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top IGA competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Trusted supplier of a variety of grocery and food brands to local stores
SWOT Analysis of IGA
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of IGA:
1. Strong presence: 1400 plus stores across USA 2. Prominent brand name: presence in USA for decades 3. Successful promotions and offers like 200% guarantee, Say G’day Day, etc. 4. Self-owned trusted IGA Brands such IGA Apple juice, IGA olive oil, etc.
5. Continuous community focused events like IGA Hometown Healthy Challenge, IGA Days, etc.
6. The brand has also been able to reach 30 countries wordwide
Here are the weaknesses in the IGA SWOT Analysis:
1. Debt concerns: High debt raised for acquisitions 2. Low Margins due to price wars leading to dip in profits
3. Low market share owing to high competition
Following are the Opportunities in IGA SWOT Analysis:
1. Company has a good chance of entering into online business segment 2. It can position itself as the leading provider of healthy and fresh food products 3. To increase its market share in the country by increasing in-house product portfolio and aggressive marketing strategy
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of IGA are as mentioned:
1. High concentration of power associated with two big supermarket chains 2. High dependence on macroscopic events like inflation, economy growth etc. 3. Less famous house brands as compared to other super market chains
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to IGA. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute