NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative :
1. Good distribution network with more than 270 stores
2. One of the oldest in Singapore with a legacy
3. Backed by Government which can create policies aiding expansion
4. Trusted by customers; high investment in CSR builds goodwill
5. Ease of shopping: Facility for online shopping and home delivery
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited market share as it is restricted to Singapore
2. Weak cyber protection of customers’ online purchasing account
3. Brand perception: Seen as discounted goods seller; may be difficult to sell high-end and luxury products in future
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative SWOT Analysis:
1. Potential of expansion in emerging economies; can become a global brand
2. Premium segment can be targeted provided change in marketing strategies
3. With availability of capital and sound technology, the company can also enter into m-commerce
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative are as mentioned:
1. Equally impressive competitors can result in reduced market share
2. Low priced products are conceived to be of low quality
3. Company’s profit depends on foreign currency, hence any change in that will impact its operations.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative:
1. Giant Singapore
2. Sheng Siong
3. Cold Storage
Hence this concludes the NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative Overview|
Singapore National Trades Union Congress (SNTUC)
Singapore's very own
Promise to provide a fair price
|NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative STP|
on the basis of Price, Age, Lifestyle
Price conscious, Young Customer, Busy lifestyle
Trusted place to shop, Moderate the cost of living in Singapore
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us