Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Trusted place to shop, Moderate the cost of living in Singapore
SWOT Analysis of NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative
NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative:
1. Good distribution network with more than 270 stores 2. One of the oldest in Singapore with a legacy 3. Backed by Government which can create policies aiding expansion 4. Trusted by customers; high investment in CSR builds goodwill
5. Ease of shopping: Facility for online shopping and home delivery
NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited market share as it is restricted to Singapore 2. Weak cyber protection of customers’ online purchasing account 3. Brand perception: Seen as discounted goods seller; may be difficult to sell high-end and luxury products in future
NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative SWOT Analysis:
1. Potential of expansion in emerging economies; can become a global brand 2. Premium segment can be targeted provided change in marketing strategies 3. With availability of capital and sound technology, the company can also enter into m-commerce
NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative are as mentioned:
1. Equally impressive competitors can result in reduced market share 2. Low priced products are conceived to be of low quality 3. Company’s profit depends on foreign currency, hence any change in that will impact its operations.
NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative Competition
NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative:
1. Giant Singapore 2. Sheng Siong 3. Cold Storage
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to NTUC FairPrice Co-Operative. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute