Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Pick n Pay analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Pick n Pay SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Pick n Pay to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Pick n Pay is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Pick n Pay SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Pick n Pay competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Family Focused store with good service and quality
SWOT Analysis of Pick n Pay
Pick n Pay Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Pick n Pay:
1.Cost advantage due to economies of scale
2.Rapid Online growth is boosting sales through a new channel
3. Customer loyalty is high because of strong focus on good service
4.Strong brand equity developed due to long heritage and presence in over 10 countries
5.Strong efficient Supply chain managed by 50000 people
6.Reputation management is done extensively by the company including a major rebranding in 2007
7.CSR programs and Sponsorship have improved the company reputation improving its brand equity and image as a family store
Pick n Pay Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Pick n Pay SWOT Analysis:
1. Less marketing communication to public about their image
2. The large size had made the company complacent in its operations leading to loss of major market share
3.Slower rollout into emerging markets
Pick n Pay Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Pick n Pay SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging markets and expansion abroad
2. Innovation in supply chain technology
3. Product and services expansion
4. Distribution and national expansion, 710 stores nationally
5. Franchise model is a lucrative opportunity for a company like Pick n Pay with a long heritage and strong brand equity
6. Rebranding the company to appeal to younger target segments
7. Adding new exclusive brands and products to improve sales
Pick n Pay Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Pick n Pay are as mentioned:
1. Intense Competition from existing retailers 2. Economic slowdown
Lower cost competitors or imports 4. Product substitution 5. Walmart, as a competitor penetrating the market with better global ties and cheaper substitute (imported) products
6. External Changes like changing tax policies, government regulations, etc.
Pick n Pay Competition
Pick n Pay Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of Pick n Pay:
1. Shoprite Holdings Ltd 2. Massmart 3. Spar group Ltd
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Pick n Pay. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute