BHS British Home Stores SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of BHS British Home Stores, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
BHS British Home Stores is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the BHS British Home Stores SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For BHS British Home Stores, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of BHS British Home Stores looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of BHS British Home Stores :
1. Has a strong emotional connection with Britons as they connect it to childhood memories of buying school uniforms and kitchen ware with their mother.
2. Global presence through self- owned stores as well as wide franchisee network; has very strong presence in the Middle East countries.
3. Has 170+ stores throughout the United Kingdom; mainly located on high street
4. The company has over 17,000 employees working for thr organisation
5. The brand has also extended its presence in a few select international destinations
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the BHS British Home Stores SWOT Analysis:
1. Its Online service is limited as many customers face trouble with less information
2. Presence of many substitute brands means less revenue share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in BHS British Home Stores SWOT Analysis:
1. Integrate online and store sale policy terms and have multichannel approach to tap in all segments of customers
2. Increase its global presence by partnering in emerging economies where there is demand for value for money products
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of BHS British Home Stores are as mentioned:
1. The company runs on cost competition and hence costs have to be kept very low to make profit. With rising raw material and sourcing costs this is becoming more difficult.
2. Too many companies now catering to the same segment is decreasing volumes
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of BHS British Home Stores:
1. Marks and Spencers
2. John Lewis
Hence this concludes the BHS British Home Stores SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|BHS British Home Stores Overview|
“Made Easy”, “ Modern Living”
Low cost modern household items
|BHS British Home Stores STP|
Apparel and household items
Middle income families
British high street family favourite.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to BHS British Home Stores. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us