The Body Shop SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of The Body Shop, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like The Body Shop to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. The Body Shop is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the The Body Shop SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the The Body Shop SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For The Body Shop, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of The Body Shop looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of The Body Shop :
1 Huge franchisee network of 2,600+ franchised stores in 60+ countries
2. Wide range of products of more than 1,200 and a culture of continuous innovation in its product variety
3. Well-designed store layout and ambience creates customer attraction
4. Has a high brand value and is viewed as a socially responsible company because of its engagement in many philanthropic activities
5. Very good supplier network. Sources raw materials through Community trade fairs.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the The Body Shop SWOT Analysis:
1.There is very little advertising of its products
2. Due to franchisee system little control by the proprietors
3. Number of retail outlets limited which impacts sales volumes
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in The Body Shop SWOT Analysis:
1. With the increasing awareness of natural and eco-friendly products it has a huge potential to grow
2. The number of online buyers are increasing and hence it can use its website portal for sale and free delivery that will increase its market share
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of The Body Shop are as mentioned:
1. The products use some exquisite raw materials from all across the world. So legislations or some problems in trade with supplier countries can heavily impact its operations
2. There is very stiff competition in the cosmetic market with a new brand launching itself every day. Some companies are selling natural products made according to the customer’s needs and may become a serious threat to The Body Shop
3. Economic downturn can hamper sales
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of The Body Shop:
1. Alliance Boots GmbH
2. Bath & Body Works, LLC
3. Sephora USA, Inc.
Hence this concludes the The Body Shop SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|The Body Shop Overview|
Nature's way to beautiful
|The Body Shop STP|
Higher income, urban man and women
Beauty and health conscious women of higher income group, cosmopolitan customers
Luxury natural care for the body
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to The Body Shop. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us