Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of The Body Shop analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In The Body Shop SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like The Body Shop to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. The Body Shop is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the The Body Shop SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top The Body Shop competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The Body Shop SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Beauty and health conscious women of higher income group, cosmopolitan customers
Luxury natural care for the body
SWOT Analysis of The Body Shop
The Body Shop Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of The Body Shop:
1 Huge franchisee network of 2,600+ franchised stores in 60+ countries
2. Wide range of products of more than 1,200 and a culture of continuous innovation in its product variety
3. Well-designed store layout and ambience creates customer attraction
4. Has a high brand value and is viewed as a socially responsible company because of its engagement in many philanthropic activities
5. Very good supplier network. Sources raw materials through Community trade fairs.
The Body Shop Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the The Body Shop SWOT Analysis:
1.There is very little advertising of its products
2. Due to franchisee system little control by the proprietors
3. Number of retail outlets limited which impacts sales volumes
The Body Shop Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in The Body Shop SWOT Analysis:
1. With the increasing awareness of natural and eco-friendly products it has a huge potential to grow 2. The number of online buyers are increasing and hence it can use its website portal for sale and free delivery that will increase its market share
The Body Shop Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of The Body Shop are as mentioned:
1. The products use some exquisite raw materials from all across the world. So legislations or some problems in trade with supplier countries can heavily impact its operations
2. There is very stiff competition in the cosmetic market with a new brand launching itself every day. Some companies are selling natural products made according to the customer’s needs and may become a serious threat to The Body Shop
3. Economic downturn can hamper sales
The Body Shop Competition
The Body Shop Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of The Body Shop:
1. Alliance Boots GmbH
2. Bath & Body Works, LLC
3. Sephora USA, Inc.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to The Body Shop. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute