Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of A&P Supermarkets analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In A&P Supermarkets SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like A&P Supermarkets to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. A&P Supermarkets is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the A&P Supermarkets SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the A&P Supermarkets SWOT Analysis:
For A&P Supermarkets, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
A&P Supermarkets Strengths
The strengths of A&P Supermarkets looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of A&P Supermarkets :
1. Fresh high quality food for the family dinner table 2. Supermarket News ranked A&P in the 2012 "Top 75 Food Retailers and Wholesalers" 3. In addition to traditional grocery departments A&P stores include a bakery, full-service delicatessen, full-service meat, and a pharmacy 4. Up to 20,000 store brand products are available
5. Famous for its quality liquor
A&P Supermarkets Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the A&P Supermarkets SWOT Analysis:
1. The promotional deals which did not connect with the shoppers 2. Many advertising campaigns which resulted in confusing customers 3. Products are little bit overpriced as compared to other supermarkets
A&P Supermarkets Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in A&P Supermarkets SWOT Analysis:
1. Changing pricing strategy which may attract price sensitive customers 2. New promotional deals which connects with the consumers 3. Innovation in Supply Chain Technology
A&P Supermarkets Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of A&P Supermarkets are as mentioned:
1. Low priced competitors like Walmart; forced many chains to downsize 2. Weak economy affects the sales tremendously 3. Intense competitions from the existing competitors
4. Because of recession customers migrated to Walmart in great numbers
A&P Supermarkets Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of A&P Supermarkets:
Fresh from your store to your door!; Fresh thinking since 1859, The Freshest Products
Fresh, high-quality food
A&P Supermarkets STP
Sells across all demographic segments
The middle and higher-income markets
One stop shopping centre
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to A&P Supermarkets. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute