Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Save-a-Lot analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Save-a-Lot SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Save-a-Lot to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Save-a-Lot is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Save-a-Lot SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Save-a-Lot competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Best supply chain and store layout to minimize costs and thus minimize prices.
Those with financial crunch or extremely price conscious
Lower middle class homemakers
Generic products at the lowest price
SWOT Analysis of Save-a-Lot
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Save-a-Lot:
1. 1300+ stores across most of the states in the US 2. Very low prices. Focus is not on giving a great shopping experience 3. There are always some products on discounts. There are also some new or exotic produce which interests the customers who shop here.
4. Some of the stores also have Rite Aid pharmacy to look after the medical needs of the customers
5. Smart shoppers club card is a customer loyalty program
Here are the weaknesses in the Save-a-Lot SWOT Analysis:
1. Many of the brands sold are not so popular among the customers 2. The shop floor is sometimes cluttered with items. The shopping experience is very poor 3. The stores are smaller than bigger brands hence lesser profits
Following are the Opportunities in Save-a-Lot SWOT Analysis:
1. An express checkout counter for 10 items or less would ease the long queue. 2. Better quality products and organic section in stores located in affluent localities 3. Online purchase and home delivery will help reduce the operating costs further and reduce the rush of customers at the store
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Save-a-Lot are as mentioned:
1. With Wifi and internet, customers are now better informed about the quality and price of most products 2. These stores have a reputation of selling the cheapest products and price is sometimes synonymous with quality. This deters upper middle class from shopping at these stores 3. There are specialized stores for toys, gifts, grocery, kitchenware, garments, etc where the items may be of better quality and at lower prices
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Save-a-Lot. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute