Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Giant Foods analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Giant Foods SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Giant Foods to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Giant Foods is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Giant Foods SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Giant Foods SWOT Analysis:
For Giant Foods, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Giant Foods Strengths
The strengths of Giant Foods looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Giant Foods :
1. Trusted brand: About 90 years old 2. Wide presence: 170 stores and 150+ full service pharmacies across USA 3. Effective scheme for prominent customers like Bonuscard, coupons, etc 4. Online presence: Online order facility and high number of followers on facebook and twitter 5. Increased customer engagement through schemes like meal ideas, healthy ideas, etc
6. Community stewardship: Focus on improving the life of children and removing hunger
Giant Foods Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Giant Foods SWOT Analysis:
1. Ownership: In 1999 Giant was bought by Royal Ahold which also was soon plunged into turmoil after a financial scandal. 2. The brand has strained relationship with other sister banners 3. High competition from other supermarket chains like Wal-Mart, Wegmans, etc
Giant Foods Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Giant Foods SWOT Analysis:
1. Shopper insight: loyalty card program should be developed more systematically 2. More private label brands Can be developed 3.Firm can leverage new store prototype
Giant Foods Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Giant Foods are as mentioned:
1. Competition from Wal-Mart (huge market overlap), other regional competition. 2. Pressure from shareholders might compromise short term for longer term decisions 3.Company operates in regional markets with weak economic conditions
Giant Foods Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Giant Foods:
Giant Food Stores are often referred to as Giant-Carlisle, which have a strong presence in the region
Giant Foods STP
Grocery store and retail chains
Price conscious and high quality
High quality, best price with lot of brands available
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Giant Foods. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute