Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Hy-Vee analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Hy-Vee SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Hy-Vee to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Hy-Vee is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Hy-Vee SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Hy-Vee competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Urban, Young, working, health conscious and sporty individuals
Healthy nutritious food
SWOT Analysis of Hy-Vee
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Hy-Vee:
1.It is the in the top 25 supermarket chains privately owned companies in the United States
2. Has a huge employee strength of over 60,000 and is the largest employer in the state of Iowa
3.Huge wide spread network of 230+ stores in Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin
4. Health proposition to Customers by providing information on diet, nutrition and wellness. Has consulting service of in-store dieticians and chefs, conducts wellness programs for employees and customers and uses the NuVal Nutritional Scoring System
5.Social presence though programs like providing spousal benefits to gay couples
6.Excellent customer relationship management through benefits like Hy-Vee Fuel Saver program
6. Excellent marketing and brand awareness creation through sponsoring sporting events like Hy-Vee Triathlon, Hy-Vee Heroes Game, Big Four Classic along with University event sponsorships like Drake Relays at Drake University
7.Well trained employees and good customer service and 24 hrs service and one stop shop for a plethora of items
Here are the weaknesses in the Hy-Vee SWOT Analysis:
1.Some customers feel that it is overpriced
2. High competition means low market share growth
Following are the Opportunities in Hy-Vee SWOT Analysis:
1.Expand its online portal and include home delivery system with ease
2.Expand into other cities and abroad as well
3. Tie-ups with other brands and acquisition of smaller players
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Hy-Vee are as mentioned:
1.Being costly its products are hit easily by recession and income fluctuations
2.Increasing food safety norms and standards to be met is increasing operating costs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hy-Vee. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute