Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Christensen’s Clothing analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Christensen’s Clothing SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Christensen’s Clothing to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Christensen’s Clothing is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Christensen’s Clothing SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Christensen’s Clothing competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
For Christensen’s Clothing, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Christensen’s Clothing SWOT Analysis:
Christensen’s Clothing Strengths
The strengths of Christensen’s Clothing looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Christensen’s Clothing :
1. Rich Heritage of the brand
2. Good clothes selection in the junior and womens section
3. Good bargains are given which attract a lot of customers, especially on the shoes section
4. Product lines which are highly popular
5. Strong Brand name due to its long history
6. Loyal Customer base
7. Company focus on excellent customer service
Christensen’s Clothing Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Christensen’s Clothing SWOT Analysis:
1. Cannot enjoy economy of scale in sourcing items because of smaller size
2. Justifying the price premium for the lesser known brands
3. Stores are closed on Sundays which are shopping days for many families
Christensen’s Clothing Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Christensen’s Clothing SWOT Analysis:
1. Leverage the brand name and open more stores in new localities
2. Expansion into other major cities
3. Create new in house brands
4.Create partnerships with other clothing brands to provide exclusive brands
5. Expand by providing newer services and product lines
6. Expand online by allowing customers to order clothes online
Christensen’s Clothing Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Christensen’s Clothing are as mentioned:
1. Competition from below from low cost clothing providers
2. Competition in the premium segment by Macy’s which is a better known brand store 3. Pressure to provide cheaper prices in the competitive environment
4. Image of store being perceived as being too old fashioned by the younger generation
5. More flexible competitors able to supply the latest trends quicker to the market
6. Fast changing customer trends in the clothing segment
Christensen’s Clothing Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Christensen’s Clothing:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Christensen’s Clothing. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute