Jack n Jill SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Jack n Jill, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Jack n Jill to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Jack n Jill is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Jack n Jill SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Jack n Jill SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Jack n Jill, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Jack n Jill looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Jack n Jill :
1. Loyal customer base because of the good service provided
2. Rich brand equity in Homewood, Al. due to its long presence in the city (est. 1954)
3. Store named after a children’s rhyme makes it suitable for the market segment it caters to and easily memorable
4.Special popular items like the Christopher Pop-In-Kins outfits
5. Extensive knowledge of customers preferences through experience, stocks matching Christmas pajamas for children during Christmas which is a bestseller
6. Special discounts and open house organized before the holiday season
7. Shop’s location is quite good with many other children’s stores in the area and also a bakery
8. Tie-up with LeTop clothings which also promotes the Jack ‘n Jill store
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Jack n Jill SWOT Analysis:
1. Lacks economy of scale being a single small store
2. Unable to provide lower prices compared to bigger stores
3. Brand recall is low and also has less revenues
4. No marketing done to promote the store
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Jack n Jill SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion into other neighborhoods of the city
2. Start new exclusive clothing lines which are unique to Jack ‘n Jill
3. Increase marketing expenditure
4. Expand online providing online purchase service
5. Focus on improving store design and modernize the store
6. Tie-ups with some clothing makers to become exclusive provider of popular brands
7. Increase variety of clothing at the store
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Jack n Jill are as mentioned:
1. Threat of loss of brand loyalty due to competitors doing much better marketing campaigns
2. A downturn in economy could affect store profitability
3. Larger chain clothing stores that enjoy economies of scale providing much lower prices
4. Changing customer trends
5. Competition from other local clothing stores
6. Price wars can seriously affect margins and affect the financial stability of stores
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Jack n Jill:
3. Marks and Spencer
Hence this concludes the Jack n Jill SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Jack n Jill Overview|
Jack ‘n Jill Shop inc.
Infants and Children’s Wear
Specialized Children’s wear store
|Jack n Jill STP|
Middle-class and upper middle-class
Oldest Children’s wear shop in Homewood Alabama
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Jack n Jill. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us