Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Jack n Jill analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Jack n Jill SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Jack n Jill to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Jack n Jill is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Jack n Jill SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Jack n Jill competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Jack n Jill:
1. Loyal customer base because of the good service provided 2. Rich brand equity in Homewood, Al. due to its long presence in the city (est. 1954) 3. Store named after a children’s rhyme makes it suitable for the market segment it caters to and easily memorable 4.Special popular items like the Christopher Pop-In-Kins outfits 5. Extensive knowledge of customers preferences through experience, stocks matching Christmas pajamas for children during Christmas which is a bestseller 6. Special discounts and open house organized before the holiday season 7. Shop’s location is quite good with many other children’s stores in the area and also a bakery 8. Tie-up with LeTop clothings which also promotes the Jack ‘n Jill store
Jack n Jill Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Jack n Jill SWOT Analysis:
1. Lacks economy of scale being a single small store
2. Unable to provide lower prices compared to bigger stores
3. Brand recall is low and also has less revenues
4. No marketing done to promote the store
Jack n Jill Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Jack n Jill SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion into other neighborhoods of the city
2. Start new exclusive clothing lines which are unique to Jack ‘n Jill
3. Increase marketing expenditure
4. Expand online providing online purchase service
5. Focus on improving store design and modernize the store
6. Tie-ups with some clothing makers to become exclusive provider of popular brands
7. Increase variety of clothing at the store
Jack n Jill Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Jack n Jill are as mentioned:
1. Threat of loss of brand loyalty due to competitors doing much better marketing campaigns
2. A downturn in economy could affect store profitability
3. Larger chain clothing stores that enjoy economies of scale providing much lower prices
4. Changing customer trends
5. Competition from other local clothing stores
6. Price wars can seriously affect margins and affect the financial stability of stores
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Jack n Jill. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute