Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Popular Holdings analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Popular Holdings SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Popular Holdings to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Popular Holdings is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Popular Holdings SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Popular Holdings competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Leader in Singapore in publishing, distribution, and retail books for the local education market
Popular Holdings STP
Students looking for books and online material
One stop solution for all literal needs
SWOT Analysis of Popular Holdings
Popular Holdings Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Popular Holdings:
1. Popular holdings are very well know in the education field and have a strong brand reputation
2. One of the leading brands in Singapore that publishes, distributes and retails books
3. Sponsorship of global book and literary events
4. It has over 40 subsidiaries in different streams of books and publications
5. It has its presence in countries like Singapore, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong
Popular Holdings Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Popular Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. The strategic vision of Popular is mostly limited in the stores in Asia. Popular focus more on the Asian market rather than international market.
2. Issues with returning an order (delivery cost is customer borne) 3. Paid customer helpline
Popular Holdings Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Popular Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. Expand to rural areas of UK, later in other parts of Europe and consequently across the world 2. Improve customer service: Resolve issues post-product delivery 3.Adopt customer-friendly payment policies
4. Increase male shopper participation
5. Increase in the online shopping customer base
Popular Holdings Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Popular Holdings are as mentioned:
1. Wider coverage in the international market by competitors 2. Threat of “free-personalization” model being imitated 3. Intense competition in the online multi-brand retail space
4. Emergence of a better concept than e-commerce in future
Popular Holdings Competition
Popular Holdings Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of Popular Holdings:
1. MPH Bookstore 2. Borders
4. Page One
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Popular Holdings. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute