Popular Holdings SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Popular Holdings, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Popular Holdings is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the Popular Holdings SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Popular Holdings looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Popular Holdings :
1. Popular holdings are very well know in the education field and have a strong brand reputation
2. One of the leading brands in Singapore that publishes, distributes and retails books
3. Sponsorship of global book and literary events
4. It has over 40 subsidiaries in different streams of books and publications
5. It has its presence in countries like Singapore, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Popular Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. The strategic vision of Popular is mostly limited in the stores in Asia. Popular focus more on the Asian market rather than international market.
2. Issues with returning an order (delivery cost is customer borne)
3. Paid customer helpline
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Popular Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. Expand to rural areas of UK, later in other parts of Europe and consequently across the world
2. Improve customer service: Resolve issues post-product delivery
3.Adopt customer-friendly payment policies
4. Increase male shopper participation
5. Increase in the online shopping customer base
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Popular Holdings are as mentioned:
1. Wider coverage in the international market by competitors
2. Threat of “free-personalization” model being imitated
3. Intense competition in the online multi-brand retail space
4. Emergence of a better concept than e-commerce in future
Hence this concludes the Popular Holdings SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Popular Holdings
|Popular Holdings Overview|
Publishing and E-learning
Leader in Singapore in publishing, distribution, and retail books for the local education market
|Popular Holdings STP|
Students looking for books and online material
One stop solution for all literal needs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Popular Holdings. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us