Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN), the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector. The article below lists the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) :
1. Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry partnership has garnered millions of viewers for OWN
2. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join in her primetime
3. OWN is both standard definition resolution and high definition resolution
4. Network will be reporting Live+3 data, with the exclusion of live and event programming
5. OWN programming block featuring popular series which began airing on TLC UK, has been made available in Australia, South Africa, Poland, Russia, Balkans, Romania, Bulagria
6. OWN is available to over approximately 80 million pay TV households in US
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) SWOT Analysis:
1. OWN was unable to meet internal targets set before its debut
2. Channel reported losses due to cost overruns, scarcity of viewers, and disappointed advertisers
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) SWOT Analysis:
1. Keep growing it’s empire in digital space
2. Expand online offerings with new series to keep up with competition
3. Global expansion to tap Oprah Winfrey’s global fan following
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) are as mentioned:
1. The mix of OWN’s older demographic and deep cable placement is a recipe for major viewer disconnect
2. OWN Canada cited for programming mandate violation
Hence this concludes the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN)
|Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) Overview|
The Oprah Winfrey Network, Discovery Communications, Harpo Productions
It’s Your Life…Own it.
Oprah Winfrey’s heart and creative instincts inform the brand and the magnetism of the channel
|Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) STP|
Middle aged women from middle and upper class
Network of self- discovery, connecting people to each other and to their greatest potential
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us