Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Oprah Winfrey’s heart and creative instincts inform the brand and the magnetism of the channel
Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) STP
Middle aged women from middle and upper class
Network of self- discovery, connecting people to each other and to their greatest potential
SWOT Analysis of Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN)
Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN):
1. Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry partnership has garnered millions of viewers for OWN
2. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join in her primetime
3. OWN is both standard definition resolution and high definition resolution
4. Network will be reporting Live+3 data, with the exclusion of live and event programming
5. OWN programming block featuring popular series which began airing on TLC UK, has been made available in Australia, South Africa, Poland, Russia, Balkans, Romania, Bulagria
6. OWN is available to over approximately 80 million pay TV households in US
Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) SWOT Analysis:
1. OWN was unable to meet internal targets set before its debut 2. Channel reported losses due to cost overruns, scarcity of viewers, and disappointed advertisers
Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) SWOT Analysis:
1. Keep growing it’s empire in digital space
2. Expand online offerings with new series to keep up with competition
3. Global expansion to tap Oprah Winfrey’s global fan following
Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) are as mentioned:
1. The mix of OWN’s older demographic and deep cable placement is a recipe for major viewer disconnect
2. OWN Canada cited for programming mandate violation
Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) Competition
Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) Competitors
Below are the top 2 competitors of Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN):
1. A&E Television Networks 2. Oxygen Media LLC
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute