The Times of India SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of The Times of India, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
The Times of India is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector. The article below lists the The Times of India SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For The Times of India, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of The Times of India looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of The Times of India :
1. Widely available daily present across many regions with a circulation average of over 3.5 million per day
2. Can leverage Parent Company’s presence in Television, Radio etc. to reach out to a wider audience especially for a Sustained Campaign on a particular issue for eg. Campaign against corruption etc.
3. Easy Brand Recall useful in a competitive markets with numerous dailies; high brand loyalty
4. Bombay Times, Delhi Times etc has a glamorous daily that is useful for news about movies, glamour, fashion etc.
5. Weekly paper called Ascent is widely regarded as excellent platform and also a must read for potential recruiters and job seekers.
6. Has got a city-wise edition publication for major Indian cities
7. Campaigns like Teach India and other events/initiatives are beneficial for the brand
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the The Times of India SWOT Analysis:
1. Some people have the perception that TOI publishing more celebrity/entertainment news
2. Tough competition means limited scope for increasing market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in The Times of India SWOT Analysis:
1. Has a limited presence in Southern India as compared to the rest of India
2. Huge opportunity in Regional Languages space
3. Better usage and interaction with online and mobile mediums
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of The Times of India are as mentioned:
1.Increased competition from other dailies
2. On line news medium means reduced circulation
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of The Times of India:
1. Hindutan Times
2. The Hindu
3. The Indian Express
Hence this concludes the The Times of India SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|The Times of India Overview|
The Times Group (also referred as Bennett, Coleman and Co. Ltd.)
Let the Truth Prevail
World’s Largest Selling English Language Daily
|The Times of India STP|
General News Segment
English speaking/reading audience in India
Most widely circulated newspaper
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to The Times of India. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us