The Times of India SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of The Times of India analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In The Times of India SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like The Times of India to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. The Times of India is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the The Times of India SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top The Times of India competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of The Times of India:
1. Widely available daily present across many regions with a circulation average of over 3.5 million per day 2. Can leverage Parent Company’s presence in Television, Radio etc. to reach out to a wider audience especially for a Sustained Campaign on a particular issue for eg. Campaign against corruption etc. 3. Easy Brand Recall useful in a competitive markets with numerous dailies; high brand loyalty 4. Bombay Times, Delhi Times etc has a glamorous daily that is useful for news about movies, glamour, fashion etc.
5. Weekly paper called Ascent is widely regarded as excellent platform and also a must read for potential recruiters and job seekers. 6. Has got a city-wise edition publication for major Indian cities 7. Campaigns like Teach India and other events/initiatives are beneficial for the brand
The Times of India Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the The Times of India SWOT Analysis:
1. Some people have the perception that TOI publishing more celebrity/entertainment news 2. Tough competition means limited scope for increasing market share
The Times of India Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in The Times of India SWOT Analysis:
1. Has a limited presence in Southern India as compared to the rest of India 2. Huge opportunity in Regional Languages space 3. Better usage and interaction with online and mobile mediums
The Times of India Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of The Times of India are as mentioned:
1.Increased competition from other dailies 2. On line news medium means reduced circulation
The Times of India Competition
The Times of India Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of The Times of India:
1. Hindutan Times 2. The Hindu 3. The Indian Express
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to The Times of India. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute