Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Economist analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Economist SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Economist to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Economist is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Economist SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Economist competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Students, corporates and academicians in the UK and other parts of the world
A weekly magazine that provides global news
SWOT Analysis of Economist
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Economist:
1. It is one of the most popular weekly news magazines in the UK. 2. The magazine was founded in 1843 which makes it one of the oldest magazines in the world. 3. The magazine boasts of a weekly circulation of more than 1.5 million copies. 4. The plain and conversational tone of the magazine has always been appreciated.
5. Popular brand and a good reputation amongst its customer base.
Here are the weaknesses in the Economist SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand still needs to make itself big in certain parts of the world like the Middle East and Asia.
Following are the Opportunities in Economist SWOT Analysis:
1. By building powerful distribution networks in countries outside UK, the circulation of the magazine can be increased. 2. The magazine’s audio editions and applications on various platforms have the potential to attract a lot of young customers.
3. Although the focus of the magazine is on world news, politics and business, the magazine also covers areas such as technology, science, books and arts, thus widening its potential readership.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Economist are as mentioned:
1. With the telecasting of global news channels such as BBC and CNN worldwide, the need for a global news magazine is declining. 2. There are some very popular international brands in the global market that command a lot of brand loyalty. 3. The internet which is a cheaper source of information is proving to be stiff competition to print media.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Economist. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute