Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Reed Elsevier analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Reed Elsevier SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Reed Elsevier to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Reed Elsevier is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Reed Elsevier SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Reed Elsevier competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Delivers authoritative content and innovative solutions
World’s leading provider of professional information solutions
Reed Elsevier STP
People seeking for Professional Information
Segment of people who demand authoritative content
A brand that delivers authoritative content and best business solutions
SWOT Analysis of Reed Elsevier
Reed Elsevier Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Reed Elsevier:
1. One of the World’s largest publications company with coverage across 5 continents 2. Provides unrivalled access to news and data across diverse business sectors 3. Leading publisher of business magazines with over 100 brands with market leading positions in many sectors like Elsevier magazine and New scientist 4. Reed Business information provides business information data and marketing solutions in multiple formats
5. Extensive brand awareness and distribution
Reed Elsevier Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Reed Elsevier SWOT Analysis:
1. Focus is only on the professional information 2. Although it covers 5 continents the infrastructure is at only two countries (UK and Netherlands)
3. Operational efficiency restricted to handle the numerous brand under it
Reed Elsevier Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Reed Elsevier SWOT Analysis:
1. Business expansion into professional Educational publications
2. Optimize the number of brands to meet local needs of every country 3.Acquire global brands to have Infrastructure globally
Reed Elsevier Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Reed Elsevier are as mentioned:
1. Recent selling out of many brands and some part of RBI 2.Professional Information and content available on Internet
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Reed Elsevier. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute