DISH Network SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of DISH Network, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like DISH Network to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. DISH Network is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the DISH Network SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the DISH Network SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For DISH Network, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of DISH Network looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of DISH Network :
1.Enhanced TV viewing experience with cutting-edge technological advances like hopper and high quality TV
2. Direct broadcast satellite duopoly
3. DISH is one of the only entertainment providers with 24x7x365 customer service
4. Offers lowest all-digital package prices nationwide
5. With DISH, all packages include High definition
6. Loyal customers including rural customer base as well
7. Market share leadershipand Strong brand equity
8. Efficient supply chainand high Customer Satisfaction, Value, and Loyalty
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the DISH Network SWOT Analysis:
1.Requires tremendous capital expenditures to provide the service to customers
2. Over leveraged financial position
3. Subscriber acquisition cost is quite high
4. Vulnerable to signal disturbance during bad weather conditions
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in DISH Network SWOT Analysis:
1.Offer premium packages that lets viewer choose perfect combination of channels
2. Employ out-of-market distant network channels(ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and PBS)
3. Mobile digital communications should increase the demand for services
4. Demand from emerging markets can help growth and margins
5. Impart international programming and professional installation services
6. Acquisitions and takeovers
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of DISH Network are as mentioned:
1.It can be charged and fined for employing illegal telemarketing tactics. First is copyright infringement of TIVO and second is expiration of Cable Act in 2007
2. Competition due to greater services from cable and wireless companies
3. Lower cost competitors and imports
4. Constant battle between network provider and satellite companies over carriage fees
5. Economic slowdown and exchange rate fluctuations
6. Challenge from traditional cable companies which offers bundled services
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of DISH Network:
Hence this concludes the DISH Network SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|DISH Network Overview|
Better TV for all
Provides satellite television, audio programming, and interactive television services
|DISH Network STP|
TV viewers, Internet users having broadband connection who can view TV using internet
Commercial and residential customers in the United States
American direct broadcast satellite service provider
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to DISH Network. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us