PVR Limited SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of PVR Limited, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like PVR Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. PVR Limited is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the PVR Limited SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the PVR Limited SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For PVR Limited, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of PVR Limited looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of PVR Limited :
1.First mover advantage in multiplex business in India
2. Develop and operate state-of-the-artmultiplexes to create superior quality ambiance
3. Usage of technologically updated systems like Dolby stereo sound system, Digital Cinema technology, Xenon technology etc.
4. Gained exclusive rights to screen blockbusters from major distributors mainly Warner brothers, 20th century fox etc.
5. Largest multiplex operators in the world withmore than 1500 screens under operation
6. Very strong brand equityand Blend of retail and entertainment
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the PVR Limited SWOT Analysis:
1.Ticket sales at higher prices
2. Customer retention over longer terms
3. Parking problems
4. Lack of customer feedback for improvement of services
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in PVR Limited SWOT Analysis:
1.Extend relationship with village road shows
2. Growing family spending on entertainment
3. Large film industry with more than 200 films released each year
4. More offers to retain PVR Loyalists
5. Venture into business of film distribution
6. Expand business by increasing number of screens and targeting wider audience
7. Collaborate with networking sites and Franchises
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of PVR Limited are as mentioned:
1.Blooming competition from similar multiplexes
2. Government’s interference with entertainment tax
3. Consumer resorting to other ways of entertainment
4. Piracy and economic slowdown may affect industry
5. Movie playing spoilsport to brand of multiplexes
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of PVR Limited:
2. Wave cinemas
3. Inox Leisure
4. Fun Cinemas
Hence this concludes the PVR Limited SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|PVR Limited Overview|
JV between Priya Exhibitors Private Limited and Village Roadshow Limited
Experience the Difference
Most Admired Multiplex Chain
|PVR Limited STP|
Premium Customers – PVR Gold
Urban – PVR Cinemas
Non metro (Tier 2 and 3 cities) – PVR Talkies
Urban and semi urban middle and upper middle class audience
A commitment to deliver the best quality cinema viewing Every Where, Every Time
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to PVR Limited. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us