Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of PVR Limited analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In PVR Limited SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like PVR Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. PVR Limited is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the PVR Limited SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top PVR Limited competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Urban and semi urban middle and upper middle class audience
A commitment to deliver the best quality cinema viewing Every Where, Every Time
SWOT Analysis of PVR Limited
PVR Limited Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of PVR Limited:
1.First mover advantage in multiplex business in India
2. Develop and operate state-of-the-artmultiplexes to create superior quality ambiance
3. Usage of technologically updated systems like Dolby stereo sound system, Digital Cinema technology, Xenon technology etc.
4. Gained exclusive rights to screen blockbusters from major distributors mainly Warner brothers, 20th century fox etc.
5. Largest multiplex operators in the world withmore than 1500 screens under operation
6. Very strong brand equityand Blend of retail and entertainment
PVR Limited Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the PVR Limited SWOT Analysis:
1.Ticket sales at higher prices
2. Customer retention over longer terms
3. Parking problems
4. Lack of customer feedback for improvement of services
PVR Limited Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in PVR Limited SWOT Analysis:
1.Extend relationship with village road shows
2. Growing family spending on entertainment
3. Large film industry with more than 200 films released each year
4. More offers to retain PVR Loyalists
5. Venture into business of film distribution
6. Expand business by increasing number of screens and targeting wider audience
7. Collaborate with networking sites and Franchises
PVR Limited Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of PVR Limited are as mentioned:
1.Blooming competition from similar multiplexes
2. Government’s interference with entertainment tax
3. Consumer resorting to other ways of entertainment
4. Piracy and economic slowdown may affect industry
5. Movie playing spoilsport to brand of multiplexes
PVR Limited Competition
PVR Limited Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of PVR Limited:
2. Wave cinemas
3. Inox Leisure
4. Fun Cinemas
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to PVR Limited. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute