TATA Sky SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of TATA Sky, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like TATA Sky to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. TATA Sky is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the TATA Sky SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the TATA Sky SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For TATA Sky, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of TATA Sky looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of TATA Sky :
1. Leverage on brand TATA and high brand recall
2. Partnered with SKY Brand in the space of digital technology to bring a state-of-the-art satellite television service to India
3. Leader in introducing new packages and services
4. Rural penetration through ITC E-Chaupal and Godrej Aadhar
5. Innovative product offering TATA Sky plus
6. Adopted 360 degree marketing campaign that encapsulates television, print, radio and outdoor digital platforms
7. Tie ups with Sony Pictures, Fox for content – Pay per view service for exclusive events
8. DVD Quality picture and CD Quality sound
9. 24*7 customer service support in multiple languages
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the TATA Sky SWOT Analysis:
1.Not having first mover advantage as Dish TV captured market share
2. Dependency on broadcaster
3. Cannot match free service provided by DD
4. Customer service are usually busy and waiting period is usually very long
5. High initial cost of DTH equipment
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in TATA Sky SWOT Analysis:
1.Focus on segmentation and differentiated product offerings to expand its clients and spread its reach outside Tier-I cities across the country
2. Expand distribution network through exclusive stores
3. Growing demand for quality of service in the form of DTH over Cable
4. Increase in number of TVs sold
5. Penetrate market by competitively priced services, superior technologies, interactive services and customer support
6. Provide option of instalments and other promotional schemes to the new user
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of TATA Sky are as mentioned:
2. Cables set top boxes provide easy switching due to negligible switching costs
3. Increasing competition
4. Dependency on broadcasters for their channel content and thus increase in cost
5. No Exclusivity in Content and Rule of ‘Must Carry’
6. Cap on foreign investment
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of TATA Sky:
2. Sun Direct
3. Dish TV
4. Big TV
Hence this concludes the TATA Sky SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|TATA Sky Overview|
JV between the TATA Group and STAR
DTH and Broadcasting
Iskolagadaala to life jingalala;Ab channel package wohi lo jopasandho
Leading Direct-to-Home (DTH) service provider in India
|TATA Sky STP|
DTH Subscribed TV viewers, Broadband subscribers
Top and middle section of the pyramid
One-stop shop for all the television entertainment needs of customers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to TATA Sky. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us