A. C. Gilbert Company SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of A. C. Gilbert Company analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In A. C. Gilbert Company SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like A. C. Gilbert Company to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. A. C. Gilbert Company is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the A. C. Gilbert Company SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the A. C. Gilbert Company SWOT Analysis:
For A. C. Gilbert Company, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
A. C. Gilbert Company Strengths
The strengths of A. C. Gilbert Company looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of A. C. Gilbert Company :
1. Was one of the largest and oldest toy companies in the world 2. Strategic acquisitions like that of Mechano and American Flyer to enter into the structural toys and toy trains market 3. Strong brand name of “Erector Set” which was later used by the Gabriel company. The company continued to market it as a "The construction toy from A. C. Gilbert"
4. Strong brand name and had good availability
A. C. Gilbert Company Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the A. C. Gilbert Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Poor management led to lack of performance 2. Lack of focused leadership as it was a family-run business 3. Some of it’s chemical lab toys are allegedly included in a list of the most wildly irresponsible vintage toys
A. C. Gilbert Company Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in A. C. Gilbert Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunity to build on the strong brand name in the US market and expand to other verticals in the toys category 2. Opportunity to enter new markets around the world 3. To leverage on its brand name and introduce more toys related to movies like James Bond (like they did in the past) for the target segment
A. C. Gilbert Company Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of A. C. Gilbert Company are as mentioned:
1. The fad toys change at a relatively fast pace in this market and this poses a continuous threat. 2. Threat of new entrants is high as the market can be entered easily 3. Poor publicity due to limited marketing
A. C. Gilbert Company Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of A. C. Gilbert Company:
Building toys that resemble actual steel structures. Parent’s pride in structures made by children.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to A. C. Gilbert Company. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute