EROS International SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of EROS International analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In EROS International SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like EROS International to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. EROS International is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the EROS International SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top EROS International competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Across all segments in India and south Asian countries
High and rich film base and very high budgeted movies
SWOT Analysis of EROS International
EROS International Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of EROS International:
1. Extensive content library of over 1900 films, plus another 700 films for which they digital rights only built up over three decades 2. Apart from the above films, the Group also has a slate of regional films in Marathi & Punjabi as well as Tamil films through its subsidiary Ayngaran and some smaller scale Hindi releases.
3. Distribution network allows tailoring of marketing arrangements for each local market.
4. Increased margins through self-distribution
5 internationally across all formats.
6. The group distribution network of over 50 countries
7. Strong online presence.
8. Business in home and digital media and In house VFX studio.
9.A selection of our Theatrical Partners such as PVR which help in cross branding.
EROS International Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the EROS International SWOT Analysis:
1.Conflict of interest between the big stars due to involvement of many stars
2. Non availability of exhibition centers
EROS International Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in EROS International SWOT Analysis:
1.Cross branding initiatives for increasing revenues.
2. Due to availability of huge infra for post-production they can use it for projects outside the production house.
3. Merger or acquisition of exhibition to add the final component of film production house.
EROS International Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of EROS International are as mentioned:
1.Competition for foreign players in both domestic and foreign markets.
2. Change in tastes of film viewing in the domestic markets.
3. Film piracy
EROS International Competition
EROS International Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of EROS International:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to EROS International. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute