Oxford University Press SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Oxford University Press analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Oxford University Press SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Oxford University Press to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Oxford University Press is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Oxford University Press SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Oxford University Press competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
High quality academic and reference works, educational texts and dictionaries catering to a diverse range of students and scholars
Oxford University Press STP
All kinds of publishing needs
Educational sector and Dictionaries
Best publisher for educational resources in the world
SWOT Analysis of Oxford University Press
Oxford University Press Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Oxford University Press:
1. Publishes 6000 titles and sells more than 110 million units each year 2. Offers publishing to specific needs of local markets 3. The range includes dictionaries, English language teaching materials, children's books, journals, scholarly monographs, printed music, higher education textbooks, and schoolbooks. 4. Its editorial strengths have ensured that its publications are closely interwoven with local needs, while reaching a global audience
5. Strong brand name and a stable financial performance
Oxford University Press Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Oxford University Press SWOT Analysis:
1.Huge revenue is mostly from the dictionary segment
2. Schools publishing continues to be the mainstay of the Press’s
International Division operations, and a large part of its UK publishing through Oxford Education 3. Premium content is still not affordable which means limited audience
Oxford University Press Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Oxford University Press SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase in the share of the emerging markets as they contributed substantial part of its revenue 2. Increase in journals retentions and acquisitions 3. Digital development continues to be an increasingly important part of schools publishing around the world
Oxford University Press Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Oxford University Press are as mentioned:
1. Difficulties in the retail sector in developed countries as the market shifted from ‘bricks and mortar’ retail to online 2. The pressure on institutional library budgets in developed markets 3. Digitization and the rapid growth of online products
Oxford University Press Competition
Oxford University Press Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Oxford University Press:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Oxford University Press. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute