Harlequin SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Harlequin, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Harlequin is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector. The article below lists the Harlequin SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Harlequin looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Harlequin :
1. The company publishes over 110 titles a month in 30+ languages in over 110 international markets on six continents
2. These books are written by over 1,200 talented authors worldwide, offering women a broad range of reading
3. It has books stores, e-book stores, harlequin extras including videos and community to know the Women reading needs
4Most of its books sold overseas
5. Harlequin publications have a strong presence in the best seller category
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Harlequin SWOT Analysis:
1. Lack of presence in the educational book market
2. Does not publish in local languages of different countries as most Women are uneducated in countries like India
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Harlequin SWOT Analysis:
1. Moving into other segment groups to increase the
2. Push the boundaries, launching new stories, reaching new readers, offering new formats
3.Moving into new genres and strategic acquisitions
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Harlequin are as mentioned:
1.Increasing online resources targeting the Women segments
2. Best authors moving to other publications for publishing their next book
3. Intense dependence on a single segment is always risky
Hence this concludes the Harlequin SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Printing & Publishing
Entertain, enrich, inspire
Best entertainment for Women
People interested in frequent reading of novels and magazines
All age groups of women and their idiosyncratic books
World's leading publishers of books for women
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Harlequin. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us