Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Reliance Cinemas analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Reliance Cinemas SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Reliance Cinemas to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Reliance Cinemas is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Reliance Cinemas SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Reliance Cinemas competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Significant presence in filmed entertainment (film production, distribution, and exhibition).
Reliance Cinemas STP
Cinema Watching Audience
Hindi Cinema, 18-40+, Entertainment loving Commercial Cinema
Entertainment and Reaching out to the masses.
SWOT Analysis of Reliance Cinemas
Reliance Cinemas Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Reliance Cinemas:
1. BIG 92.7 FM was India’s largest private FM radio network with 12 radio stations across the country 2. Big Cinemas is India’s largest cinema chain with over 516 screens 3. Leadership in film exhibition in India with 250+ screens and accounts for 10 to 15% of box office contributions of large movies 4. In Hollywood, Reliance Entertainment has partnered with Steven Spielberg and Stacey Snider on the formation of DreamWorks Studios
5. Strong backing of parent company
Reliance Cinemas Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Reliance Cinemas SWOT Analysis:
1. Very limited presence in regional cinemas. 2. Intensely competitive environment means growth is often stagnant
Reliance Cinemas Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Reliance Cinemas SWOT Analysis:
1. Easy access to technology in US and access to Hollywood movies. 2. Growing urbanization, BIG Cinemas could garner high market share. 3. Entering into TV Serials category like other competitors
Reliance Cinemas Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Reliance Cinemas are as mentioned:
1. Formidable competition with backward integration of several production houses 2. Mis-management at the top level posed a risk to distributors
3. Entry of international brands in the industry
Reliance Cinemas Competition
Reliance Cinemas Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Reliance Cinemas:
1. Shree Ashtavinayak 2. Red Chillies 3. TIPS Industries
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Reliance Cinemas. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute