Vermont Teddy Bear Company SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Vermont Teddy Bear Company analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Vermont Teddy Bear Company SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Vermont Teddy Bear Company to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Vermont Teddy Bear Company is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Vermont Teddy Bear Company SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Vermont Teddy Bear Company SWOT Analysis:
For Vermont Teddy Bear Company, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Vermont Teddy Bear Company Strengths
The strengths of Vermont Teddy Bear Company looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Vermont Teddy Bear Company :
1. Emphasis on offline as well as online marketing including having radio shows as well 2. Good presence at leading etailers and on social media websites 3. Deals with many companies to deliver complete personalized gift baskets and packages called as ‘Bear Gram’ 4. Largest manufacturer and largest seller of teddy bears through mail and online
5. Have personalized teddy bear selection for each occasion with wide range of accessories
6. Produces nearly half a million teddy bears annually
Vermont Teddy Bear Company Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Vermont Teddy Bear Company SWOT Analysis:
1. No major corporate social responsibility activities undertaken 2. Protests by mental health groups on Valentine’s day against its ‘Crazy for You’ bear damaged its reputation
Vermont Teddy Bear Company Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Vermont Teddy Bear Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Can make teddy bears dressed in various traditional costumes to attract overseas customers 2. Can introduce a vintage collection
3. Can associate with NGOs working for child health care
Vermont Teddy Bear Company Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Vermont Teddy Bear Company are as mentioned:
1. Economic fluctuations 2. Protests against its products by various groups 3. New entrants offering similar products at low prices
Vermont Teddy Bear Company Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of Vermont Teddy Bear Company:
1.Kids Brands Inc 2.Build a Bear Workshop
Hence this concludes the Vermont Teddy Bear Company SWOT analysis.
Children and adults who have a liking for teddy bears
Children (2-12 years) and Youth having a liking for teddy bears
Softest teddy bears
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Vermont Teddy Bear Company. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute