Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of LeapFrog analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In LeapFrog SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like LeapFrog to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. LeapFrog is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the LeapFrog SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the LeapFrog SWOT Analysis:
For LeapFrog, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of LeapFrog looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of LeapFrog :
1. LeapFrog has a wide range of toys varying from interactive and educational ones to adorable lilly toys 2. Wide distribution network across UK and has started centers in various other parts of the world 3. Established online marketing and tele-shopping system
4. Strong Partnerships with Sega Toys and other global players
5. Innovations like Tablets and smart pads offering educational games
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the LeapFrog SWOT Analysis:
1. Inability to target the low income group 2. Inability to establish its presence in other parts of the globe due to local competitors
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in LeapFrog SWOT Analysis:
1. Can explore the new and rising market of “Health toys” 2. Can partner with South Asian Toy Companies to explore the oriental market
3. More brand and advertising strengthen brand presence in the market
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of LeapFrog are as mentioned:
1. Toy industry is dominated by unorganized market 2. Local Competitions in other markets is high 3. Heavy dependence on partnerships for venturing external markets
4. Preference of children in shifting to outdoor activities can be a threat
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of LeapFrog:
Innovative, interactive and electronic educational toys
Toddlers, infants, kids(1-5); Semi-urban, urban
Toys for all kinds of children; changes the model based on the popular cartoon.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to LeapFrog. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute