Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Together, we are transforming health care with trusted and caring solutions
Focus on day-to-day execution and capitalizes on new opportunities to drive growth
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield STP
Families and businesses
Health and specialty programs customized for each customer segments
SWOT Analysis of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield:
1. Brand value of Anthem Inc. and Wellpoint health networks Inc. brought together 2. Diverse and broad portfolio of integrated health care plans and related services 3. Rapid expansion in last decade through merger and acquisition 4. Highly satisfied customers, positively reviewed and well rated
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield SWOT Analysis:
1. Has been in news for controversies especially in 2009 and 2010 2. Low interest rate scenario in the US hurts the profitability of insurers in the US 3. Unable to secure customer data from hackers, 37.5 million records were recently stolen from database 4. Since 2013 dip in insurance penetration i.e. insurance premiums as a percentage of GDP
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield SWOT Analysis:
1. Further expansion by acquisitions to ensure complete range of managed healthcare services 2. Banking upon market leadership in US to expand into new markets 3. More product offering and services and trying to attain first mover advantage in certain segments
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield are as mentioned:
1. Brand equity may be adversely affected by multiple controversies 2. Highly competitive market makes maintaining market share a major challenge 3. Threat of data breach may lead to apprehension in mind of consumers
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Competition
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield:
1. HealthSpring 2. Centene Corporation 3. Atena
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute