Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Cardinal Health analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cardinal Health SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cardinal Health to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cardinal Health is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The article below lists the Cardinal Health SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Cardinal Health SWOT Analysis:
For Cardinal Health, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Cardinal Health Strengths
The strengths of Cardinal Health looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cardinal Health :
1. Acquisition of some big companies means that they have considerable presence in oncology segment
2. innovative advertising solutions such as Pharmacy Health network
3. More than 30,000 well trained employees worldwide
4. Launch of Pyxis MedStation which helps in accurate monitoring of drug administration 5. Distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical products in over 60,000 locations
Cardinal Health Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Cardinal Health SWOT Analysis:
1. Medical segment of cardinal health has suffered from commodity 2. Company suffered negative image during DEA investigation of its painkiller drug Oxycodone
Cardinal Health Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Cardinal Health SWOT Analysis:
1. They have acquired Yong Yu in china which gives them considerable opportunities in emerging market & broadens their portfolio
2. Opportunity to improve footprint in independent pharmacy via acquisition of Kinray
3. Need to improve branding to survive in increasing competition
Cardinal Health Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cardinal Health are as mentioned:
1. Stringent regulation in healthcare industry
2. Disruption of manufacturing supply chain due natural disasters
3. Global economic slowdown
Cardinal Health Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Cardinal Health:
Cardinal health is world’s leading medical service provider which improves cost effectiveness of healthcare.
Cardinal Health STP
Pharmaceutical distribution services
Pharmacies, hospitals & ambulatory service providers
Cardinal health acts as backend to healthcare service providing distribution services to pharmacies, hospitals, ambulatory units so that they can concentrate on providing top quality healthcare services to their patients.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cardinal Health. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute