Cardinal Health SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Cardinal Health, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Cardinal Health is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector. The article below lists the Cardinal Health SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Cardinal Health, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Cardinal Health looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cardinal Health :
1. Acquisition of some big companies means that they have considerable presence in oncology segment
2. innovative advertising solutions such as Pharmacy Health network
3. More than 30,000 well trained employees worldwide
4. Launch of Pyxis MedStation which helps in accurate monitoring of drug administration
5. Distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical products in over 60,000 locations
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Cardinal Health SWOT Analysis:
1. Medical segment of cardinal health has suffered from commodity
2. Company suffered negative image during DEA investigation of its painkiller drug Oxycodone
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Cardinal Health SWOT Analysis:
1. They have acquired Yong Yu in china which gives them considerable opportunities in emerging market & broadens their portfolio
2. Opportunity to improve footprint in independent pharmacy via acquisition of Kinray
3. Need to improve branding to survive in increasing competition
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cardinal Health are as mentioned:
1. Stringent regulation in healthcare industry
2. Disruption of manufacturing supply chain due natural disasters
3. Global economic slowdown
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Cardinal Health SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Cardinal Health Overview|
Essential to care
Cardinal health is world’s leading medical service provider which improves cost effectiveness of healthcare.
|Cardinal Health STP|
Pharmaceutical distribution services
Pharmacies, hospitals & ambulatory service providers
Cardinal health acts as backend to healthcare service providing distribution services to pharmacies, hospitals, ambulatory units so that they can concentrate on providing top quality healthcare services to their patients.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cardinal Health. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us