Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Mylan Pharmaceuticals analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Mylan Pharmaceuticals SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Mylan Pharmaceuticals to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Mylan Pharmaceuticals is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Mylan Pharmaceuticals SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Mylan Pharmaceuticals competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
It is third largest generics manufacturing company in U.S
Mylan Pharmaceuticals STP
API, nebulized respiratory or severe allergy medications & anti retroviral drugs
Healthcare professionals & doctors providing solutions in ART, respiratory diseases
Mylan is the company, which innovates to satisfy the unmet medical need & aims to provide 7 billion people of world medical solutions.
SWOT Analysis of Mylan Pharmaceuticals
Mylan Pharmaceuticals Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Mylan Pharmaceuticals:
1. Mylan has strong generic portfolio with more than 1000 individual products
2. It has strong global presence in more than 150 countries
3. Their major strength is vertically integrated supply chain
4. Mylan has acquired generic business of Merck & Matrix pharmaceuticals which is largest generic Manufacturer in India
5. It has more than 15,000 well trained employees
Mylan Pharmaceuticals Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Mylan Pharmaceuticals SWOT Analysis:
1. Alleged litigations have sometimes impacted its public image
2. Very limited portion of its revenue comes from foreign business
Mylan Pharmaceuticals Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Mylan Pharmaceuticals SWOT Analysis:
1. Expiry of patent on Lipitor has open new business opportunities
2. Increasing awareness about healthcare
3. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer
Mylan Pharmaceuticals Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Mylan Pharmaceuticals are as mentioned:
1. Global economic slowdown
2. More stringent patent protection laws
Mylan Pharmaceuticals Competition
Mylan Pharmaceuticals Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of Mylan Pharmaceuticals:
1. Teva pharmaceuticals 2. Barr pharmaceuticals
4. Dr. Reddy’s laboratories
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mylan Pharmaceuticals. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute