Essilor International SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Essilor International analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Essilor International SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Essilor International to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Essilor International is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The article below lists the Essilor International SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Essilor International SWOT Analysis:
For Essilor International, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Essilor International Strengths
The strengths of Essilor International looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Essilor International :
1. Responsible for creating Varilux, the world's first progressive lens which corrects presbyopia and allows clear vision in the wearer's near, intermediate and far vision 2. Operates in over 100 countries over five continents 3. One of the world's largest manufacturer of ophthalmic lenses, dominating the market on every continent 4. Leader in North America through acquisition of FGX International
5. Strong brand reputation and presence across the world
Essilor International Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Essilor International SWOT Analysis:
1. Activities are largely focused on research and development – Scope for concentration on sales and mareting and improving brand equity 2.Limited presence in emerging markets
Essilor International Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Essilor International SWOT Analysis:
1. Innovation at all levels - products, services and marketing 2. conquer the middle of the range, in developed countries, 3. pursuing a policy of acquisitions and partnerships with prescription laboratories and distributors
4. conduct initiatives at a very early stage in the value chain to offer information, check-ups and supply lenses, in regions of the world where access to optical care is difficult.
Essilor International Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Essilor International are as mentioned:
1.Narrow portfolio of products – Can diversify to mitigate risks 2.Government regulations and industry stagnation 3.Competitive industry with focus on technology
Essilor International Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Essilor International:
design to manufacture, the group develops a wide range of lenses to correct and protect eyesight
Essilor International STP
Prescription laboratories and Optical professionals
To allow as many people as possible to see well to improve their quality of life
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Essilor International. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute