Essilor International SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Essilor International analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Essilor International SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Essilor International to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Essilor International is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Essilor International SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Essilor International competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
design to manufacture, the group develops a wide range of lenses to correct and protect eyesight
Essilor International STP
Prescription laboratories and Optical professionals
To allow as many people as possible to see well to improve their quality of life
SWOT Analysis of Essilor International
Essilor International Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Essilor International:
1. Responsible for creating Varilux, the world's first progressive lens which corrects presbyopia and allows clear vision in the wearer's near, intermediate and far vision 2. Operates in over 100 countries over five continents 3. One of the world's largest manufacturer of ophthalmic lenses, dominating the market on every continent 4. Leader in North America through acquisition of FGX International
5. Strong brand reputation and presence across the world
Essilor International Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Essilor International SWOT Analysis:
1. Activities are largely focused on research and development – Scope for concentration on sales and mareting and improving brand equity 2.Limited presence in emerging markets
Essilor International Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Essilor International SWOT Analysis:
1. Innovation at all levels - products, services and marketing 2. conquer the middle of the range, in developed countries, 3. pursuing a policy of acquisitions and partnerships with prescription laboratories and distributors
4. conduct initiatives at a very early stage in the value chain to offer information, check-ups and supply lenses, in regions of the world where access to optical care is difficult.
Essilor International Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Essilor International are as mentioned:
1.Narrow portfolio of products – Can diversify to mitigate risks 2.Government regulations and industry stagnation 3.Competitive industry with focus on technology
Essilor International Competition
Essilor International Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Essilor International:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Essilor International. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute