Edwards Life Sciences SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Edwards Life Sciences analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Edwards Life Sciences SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Edwards Life Sciences to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Edwards Life Sciences is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Edwards Life Sciences SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Edwards Life Sciences competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A Global Leader in the Science of Heart Valves and Hemodynamic Monitoring
Financial Relationship with US Physicians - bringing transparency to relationships with physicians will help the public better understand the critical role that physicians play in the advancement of medical technology and patient care
Edwards Life Sciences STP
Health care equipment required in hospitals and clinics
Tissue heart valves, heart valve repair products, cardiac surgery
systems, critical care products and vascular technologies
Partners with physicians to innovate products designed to help patients live longer, healthier and more productive lives
SWOT Analysis of Edwards Life Sciences
Edwards Life Sciences Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Edwards Life Sciences:
1. Largest maker of artificial heart valves. 2. Broad product portfolio enabling Edwards to sustain leading position in heart valve market 3. Increased focus on R&D providing competitive advantage 4. Company's sells its products under different brand names, including Carpentier- Edwards, Fogarty, PERIMOUNT and Swan-Ganz.
Edwards Life Sciences Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Edwards Life Sciences SWOT Analysis:
1. Product recalls may have a negative impact on the brand image of the company 2. Edwards issued a product recall of its product, ovaFlex delivery system, which was manufactured earlier
Edwards Life Sciences Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Edwards Life Sciences SWOT Analysis:
1. New product launches likely to help address broader customer base 2. Growing incidence of cardiovascular diseases 3. Reaching emerging economies through tie ups and associations
Edwards Life Sciences Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Edwards Life Sciences are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition could reduce the company’s market share 2. Healthcare reform in the US may have negative impact on demand for healthcare products 3. Industry consolidation could affect profitability
Edwards Life Sciences Competition
Edwards Life Sciences Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Edwards Life Sciences:
1. Medtronic, Inc. 2. St. Jude Medical, Inc. 3. PULSION Medical Systems AG
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Edwards Life Sciences. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute