Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Crocin analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Crocin SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Crocin to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Crocin is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Crocin SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Crocin competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
‘For the rapid and effective relief from cold & flu symptoms’
Analgesic and anti-pyretic combined into one to provide total relief from pain and fever
A paracetamol based analgesic that provides fast, effective temporary relief of pain and discomfort
SWOT Analysis of Crocin
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Crocin:
1. Very well accepted in the global markets and enjoys the trust associated with GSK brand. 2. GSK has a strong presence in pharmaceutical products with world class R&D and product innovation
3. A wide range of products available in different pack sizes to address needs of different consumers
4. It enjoys the strong distribution network of GSK
5. Company has heavily invested in promotion and advertising and thus the brand recall and association is very high
Here are the weaknesses in the Crocin SWOT Analysis:
1. 65% of the brand usage is for its antipyretic i.e. fevers related use which is a smaller segment as compared to the pain killer market.
2. It faced objections from FDA for some of its campaigns which were later sorted out.
Following are the Opportunities in Crocin SWOT Analysis:
1. Target the alternative channels and promote it through medical representatives
2. Promote the analgesic benefits more to tap the huge painkiller market
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Crocin are as mentioned:
1. Pharma products are subject to stringent legal regulations; any mistake in adherence to quality or even printing on product inserts can have strong implications 2. Lot of competition in the market.
3. Most of the time the druggist has the influencing power in the sale of OTC products
Below are the top 4 competitors of Crocin:
1. Generic drugs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Crocin. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute