Crocin SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Crocin, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Crocin to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Crocin is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The article below lists the Crocin SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Crocin SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Crocin, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Crocin looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Crocin :
1. Very well accepted in the global markets and enjoys the trust associated with GSK brand.
2. GSK has a strong presence in pharmaceutical products with world class R&D and product innovation
3. A wide range of products available in different pack sizes to address needs of different consumers
4. It enjoys the strong distribution network of GSK
5. Company has heavily invested in promotion and advertising and thus the brand recall and association is very high
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Crocin SWOT Analysis:
1. 65% of the brand usage is for its antipyretic i.e. fevers related use which is a smaller segment as compared to the pain killer market.
2. It faced objections from FDA for some of its campaigns which were later sorted out.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Crocin SWOT Analysis:
1. Target the alternative channels and promote it through medical representatives
2. Promote the analgesic benefits more to tap the huge painkiller market
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Crocin are as mentioned:
1. Pharma products are subject to stringent legal regulations; any mistake in adherence to quality or even printing on product inserts can have strong implications
2. Lot of competition in the market.
3. Most of the time the druggist has the influencing power in the sale of OTC products
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Crocin:
1. Generic drugs
Hence this concludes the Crocin SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
‘For the rapid and effective relief from cold & flu symptoms’
Analgesic and anti-pyretic combined into one to provide total relief from pain and fever
A paracetamol based analgesic that provides fast, effective temporary relief of pain and discomfort
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Crocin. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us