Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Mediclinic analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Mediclinic SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Mediclinic to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Mediclinic is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Mediclinic SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Mediclinic competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
More than 50 hospitals in South Africa and Namibia, is one of the three largest private hospital groups in the subcontinent
Patients who are physically frail or require respite care, intermediate care and rehabilitation, terminal care
Specialised units, including heart units, stroke units, as well as hosting centres of excellence such as the PI Brånemark Institute for facial reconstruction
We are a private hospital group focused on providing acute care, specialist-orientated, multidisciplinary hospital services and related service offerings
SWOT Analysis of Mediclinic
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Mediclinic:
1. Highly-skilled clinical staff 2. Presence in numerous countries based out of South Africa 3. Strong revenue and profit growth 4. The company works with a wide range of design service consultancies and contractors both within and outside South Africa
5. The organization has over 12000 employees
Here are the weaknesses in the Mediclinic SWOT Analysis:
1. Investments in research and development 2. New products and services needs to be continuously developed to keep the competitive edge over competitors
Following are the Opportunities in Mediclinic SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing stringency in rules, government announced a landmark agreement that sets a new quality benchmark between a private healthcare provider and health insurer 2. Reaching emerging economies through tie ups and associations 3. Increasing awareness of healthcare solutions
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Mediclinic are as mentioned:
1. Small private clinics located at convenient distances 2. Changes in Insurance plans or government policies
Below are the top 3 competitors of Mediclinic:
1. Springs Private Hospital Group 2. Netcare Hospital Group 3. Life Path Health Group
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mediclinic. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute