Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Aspen Pharma analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Aspen Pharma SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Aspen Pharma to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Aspen Pharma is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Aspen Pharma SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Aspen Pharma competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Aspen does manufacturing, marketing and distribution of branded and generic pharmaceutical, as well as consumer, OTC and nutritional products.
Aspen Pharma STP
Over-the counter medicines, household name generic and specialized medicines and other products.
People who seek OTC medication for generic ailments, healthcare professionals, doctors & hospitals
Aspen is committed to sustaining life and promoting healthcare through increasing access to its high quality, effective, affordable medicines and products.
SWOT Analysis of Aspen Pharma
Aspen Pharma Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Aspen Pharma:
1. Largest generic medicine distributor in Africa 2. Very strong distribution capabilities, through integration with alliance partners. 3. A wide portfolio of products 4. Easily accessible and affordable to all
5. The company has over 6,000 employees
6. The company has invested huge sums in HIV Aids cure research
Aspen Pharma Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Aspen Pharma SWOT Analysis:
1. Competitors can offer similar products quickly 2. Geographic limitations means low market share compared to big players
Aspen Pharma Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Aspen Pharma SWOT Analysis:
1. Partner with other pharmaceuticals for research and expansion purposes. 2. A strong product pipeline, focused on FDA approved and high-quality products in key therapeutic areas 3. Emerging markets can be tapped for revenue generation.
Aspen Pharma Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Aspen Pharma are as mentioned:
1. Stringent drug development guidelines
2. Competition coming up with effective drugs
3. Strict government policies relating to the pharmaceuticals industry
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Aspen Pharma. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute