Australian Pharmaceutical Industries SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Australian Pharmaceutical Industries analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Australian Pharmaceutical Industries SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Australian Pharmaceutical Industries to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Australian Pharmaceutical Industries is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The article below lists the Australian Pharmaceutical Industries SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Australian Pharmaceutical Industries SWOT Analysis:
SWOT Analysis of Australian Pharmaceutical Industries
For Australian Pharmaceutical Industries, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Strengths
The strengths of Australian Pharmaceutical Industries looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Australian Pharmaceutical Industries :
1. Offers a broad range of pharmacy services, including wholesale product delivery, retail services, marketing programs and business advisory services 2. A number of landmark products and banners.
3. The retail footprint allows for good growth. 4.Niche player in over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and toiletries
5. Its subsidiaries include Priceline, Priceline Pharmacy, Soul Pattinson, Pharmacists Advice
Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Australian Pharmaceutical Industries SWOT Analysis:
2. The company may lose focus if they enter into different segments (personal care, well-being products) all together
3. The market is dominated (90% of market) by 3 major players – API, Sigma, and Symbion Health; gaining more market share is a difficult task
Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Australian Pharmaceutical Industries SWOT Analysis:
1. Awareness about healthcare is rapidly increasing, API has a huge space to come up with healthcare and well-being products
2. It can divest pharmaceutical assets which could help the company in increasing its focus on core business
3.There is scope for development in areas of well-being and personal care.
Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Australian Pharmaceutical Industries are as mentioned:
1. Reforms in pharmaceutical pricing scheme namely PBS reforms can create trouble for the company
2. The margins of the company may be hurt because of PBS because it may create a trade barrier between Australian and U.S. drug companies
3. Stringent rules against clinical trials and quality of drugs will require more stringent measures from the company leading to increased costs
Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Australian Pharmaceutical Industries:
API is Australia's largest wholesale distributor of pharmaceutical and allied products.
Australian Pharmaceutical Industries STP
People who looking for quality drugs for health and beauty purposes.
Healthcare professionals, wholesalers, generic distributors, and hospitals
API is involved in pharmaceutical distribution, retailing and manufacturing of health and beauty products.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Australian Pharmaceutical Industries. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute