Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of ACC Limited analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In ACC Limited SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like ACC Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. ACC Limited is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The article below lists the ACC Limited SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the ACC Limited SWOT Analysis:
For ACC Limited, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
ACC Limited Strengths
The strengths of ACC Limited looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of ACC Limited :
1. ACC has been ranked India’s most admired company in the cement sector.
2. It also received the Golden Peacock Environmental Management award
3. One of the top cement and construction companies based out of India
4. ACC also received Green Manufacturing award and many other rewards
5. ACC has a vast distribution network of 9,000 dealers in the country.
6. Operations since last 80 years have made ACC a strong brand
7. It has a strong efficient workforce of around 10,000 employees.
ACC Limited Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the ACC Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. ACC has done lesser branding activities as compared to its competitors.
2. ACC as a brand is famous only in India, so it not known globally as compared to other brands.
ACC Limited Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in ACC Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. ACC can leverage the Indian market leadership and expand to other parts of the world.
2. It can do extensive branding in the country that can help them increase brand recall and thus help the brand to grow as a whole
3. Extended services in the field of construction
ACC Limited Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of ACC Limited are as mentioned:
1. Many local players offering low cost products are one of the threats for the ACC cements and company.
2. It also faces strong competition from global players in Indian markets.
ACC Limited Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of ACC Limited:
1. Ambuja Cements
2. Ultratech Cement
3. The India Cements
4. Shree Cements
Hence this concludes the ACC Limited SWOT analysis.
Tier I/II/III cities, Public Sector/Private Sector, Customer/Builder
Customers and Builders in both Public and private sector in all tier cities
Best quality and eco friendly cement
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to ACC Limited. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute