Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Public Storage analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Public Storage SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Public Storage to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Public Storage is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The article below lists the Public Storage SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Public Storage SWOT Analysis:
For Public Storage, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Public Storage Strengths
The strengths of Public Storage looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Public Storage :
1. Financial stability as compare to competitors 2. Global presence is strong as compare to competitors 3. Low debt ratios and Online presence and service 4. One of the largest self-storage companies in US 5. It has more than 200 company-owned locations in the US and Europe, and approx 6,000
Public Storage Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Public Storage SWOT Analysis:
1. Potential customers are less as compare to other real estate companies 2. Not diversified in real estate sector 3. Limited geographic presence as it dependent on the US market
Public Storage Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Public Storage SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunity for development in region outside US and UK like Asia, Australia 2. Improving operating performance by using value added offerings like the dehumidification system of climate controlled spaces, truck move-in program, Extensive marketing
Public Storage Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Public Storage are as mentioned:
1. Immense competition from local companies 2. Economic slump in European nation 3. Strengthen rules and regulation by government
Public Storage Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Public Storage:
1. Sovran Self Storage 2. Extra Space Storage 3. U-Store-It
Hence this concludes the Public Storage SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Public Storage
Public Storage Overview
Acquisition, development, ownership, and operation of self-storage facilities which offer storage spaces for lease.
Those who want to relocate and want space with rent.
The company cares for the storage of goods of its customers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Public Storage. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute