Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Bouygues analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Bouygues SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Bouygues to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Bouygues is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The table below lists the Bouygues SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Bouygues competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Developing energy efficient solutions for its customers
Based on geography: Europe, Africa, rest of the world
Predominantly projects in France, Western Europe and Eastern Europe
A company focused on innovation and sustainable development
SWOT Analysis of Bouygues
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Bouygues:
1. Well diversified business presence – construction, telecom and media; not all segments are under pressure at the same time 2. Bouygues subsidiary TFI is the market leader in France – In the area of pay television, the TF1’s channel, Eurosport, is the leading pan European sports broadcasting channel with a viewership base of 120+ million households.
3. Over 130,000 employees forms a part of the workforce
4. Has its worldwide presence in 80+ countries
Here are the weaknesses in the Bouygues SWOT Analysis:
1. Declining profit margins despite increasing revenues, over the years 2. Competitive disadvantage due to non-participation in bid for spectrum licenses in France
Following are the Opportunities in Bouygues SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing construction in the Asian region – the revenue contribution from Asia and Oceania region is only close to 6% currently 2. Increasing use of smartphones across the globe provides a hug opportunity for its telec0om wing 3. Growing emphasis of achieving energy efficiency in Europe - Energy efficiency is one of the key objectives that the European Unions’ (EU) Europe 2020 Strategy plans to achieve.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Bouygues are as mentioned:
1. Growing debt burden of European nations 2. Rising cost of construction material - Prices of other types of steel such as hot rolled plate and cold rolled coil have increased by 22.9% and 13.7% compared to previous year
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Bouygues. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute