Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Balfour Beatty analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Balfour Beatty SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Balfour Beatty to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Balfour Beatty is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The table below lists the Balfour Beatty SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Balfour Beatty competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Providing the assets that societies need to function, develop and thrive
Global knowledge across the infrastructure lifecycle
Balfour Beatty STP
Real estate and construction services
Infrastructure investments, professional services, construction services, support services
US and UK are major target markets
Positioned as a company that strives to provide world class infrastructure services across the infrastructure lifecycle
SWOT Analysis of Balfour Beatty
Balfour Beatty Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Balfour Beatty:
1. Well diversified business across geographies and markets – In uncertain times, diversity is the strength. Breadth of diversity across geographies and markets provides balance and resilience to counter the economic uncertainties that remain in some of its markets.
2. Ability to provide integrated business solutions - will increase the company's revenue and hence profitability
3. Successful implementation of cost efficiency programme - resulted in savings. Successful implementation of cost efficiency programme results in great savings for the company and helps it improve its margins.
4. Over 50,000 people are a part of the company
Balfour Beatty Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Balfour Beatty SWOT Analysis:
1. Given, the company’s declining debt servicing capabilities it could face tough conditions for refinancing its debt.
2. Deficit in pension funds increases liability - Balfour Beatty's pension liabilities may impair its liquidity and place the company at a competitive disadvantage compared to some of its competitors who do not have such liabilities and cash requirements. Deficit in pension funds may increase the company’s liability.
3. Excessive dependence on the UK and US markets is a concern
Balfour Beatty Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Balfour Beatty SWOT Analysis:
1. Infrastructure business offers outstanding opportunities in emerging economies
2. Positive trend of power sector - The global power generation industry grew by a substantial amount, this could benefit the company’s success.
3. Acquisition of smaller firms can enhance the company's image and position
Balfour Beatty Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Balfour Beatty are as mentioned:
1. Regulatory pressures - Companies such as Balfour Beatty engage in construction activities and are exposed to high level of safety and security regulation by the government. Regulatory pressures may pose
a threat of depressing future prospects.
2. Intense competition - would increase the operational risk for the company and will pressurize its operating margins
Balfour Beatty Competition
Balfour Beatty Competitors
Below are the top 9 competitors of Balfour Beatty:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Balfour Beatty. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute