Balfour Beatty SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Balfour Beatty, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Balfour Beatty to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Balfour Beatty is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The article below lists the Balfour Beatty SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Balfour Beatty SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Balfour Beatty, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Balfour Beatty looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Balfour Beatty :
1. Well diversified business across geographies and markets – In uncertain times, diversity is the strength. Breadth of diversity across geographies and markets provides balance and resilience to counter the economic uncertainties that remain in some of its markets.
2. Ability to provide integrated business solutions - will increase the company's revenue and hence profitability
3. Successful implementation of cost efficiency programme - resulted in savings. Successful implementation of cost efficiency programme results in great savings for the company and helps it improve its margins.
4. Over 50,000 people are a part of the company
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Balfour Beatty SWOT Analysis:
1. Given, the company’s declining debt servicing capabilities it could face tough conditions for refinancing its debt.
2. Deficit in pension funds increases liability - Balfour Beatty's pension liabilities may impair its liquidity and place the company at a competitive disadvantage compared to some of its competitors who do not have such liabilities and cash requirements. Deficit in pension funds may increase the company’s liability.
3. Excessive dependence on the UK and US markets is a concern
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Balfour Beatty SWOT Analysis:
1. Infrastructure business offers outstanding opportunities in emerging economies
2. Positive trend of power sector - The global power generation industry grew by a substantial amount, this could benefit the company’s success.
3. Acquisition of smaller firms can enhance the company's image and position
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Balfour Beatty are as mentioned:
1. Regulatory pressures - Companies such as Balfour Beatty engage in construction activities and are exposed to high level of safety and security regulation by the government. Regulatory pressures may pose
a threat of depressing future prospects.
2. Intense competition - would increase the operational risk for the company and will pressurize its operating margins
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Balfour Beatty:
1. Bechtel Group
3. URS Corporation
5. Costain Group
7. Kier Group
8. Keller Group
9. North Midland Construction
Hence this concludes the Balfour Beatty SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Balfour Beatty Overview|
Providing the assets that societies need to function, develop and thrive
Global knowledge across the infrastructure lifecycle
|Balfour Beatty STP|
Real estate and construction services
Infrastructure investments, professional services, construction services, support services
US and UK are major target markets
Positioned as a company that strives to provide world class infrastructure services across the infrastructure lifecycle
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Balfour Beatty. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us